Mike Voight, Ph.D. Professor, Author, Leadership Educator
Mike Voight, Ph.D., CMPC emeritus
E: email@example.com Website: https://drvleads.com
Academia: Dr. V is a Professor in the Physical Education and Human Performance at Central Connecticut State University, where he teaches graduate courses in leadership, sport psychology, and sport philosophy/sociology, and undergraduate classes in stress management & exercise science. Prior to this appointment he was a full-time lectures in Exercise Science & PE at the University of Southern California.
Leadership Educator-Adviser: Over the past decade, Dr. V has been more involved with advising administrators, coaches, and team leaders/councils on individual leadership effectiveness as well as assisting organizations/teams in designing and implementing their own customized DIY leadership development processes, including the likes of New Zealand Rugby, USA Volleyball, NE Revs Academy, Punahoa School (Hawaii), and teams from Texas, USC, Wake Forest, among others.
Team Consultant: While at USC, Voight was a team consultant for many of the sports there, including football, soccer, basketball, and volleyball programs. One of his long-time clients, the Texas volleyball program, have been to 8 out of the last 10 volleyball final 4's. His volleyball clients have won a combined 17 conference titles and been to 17 NCAA “Final 4’s.” His clients from numerous sports have included teams from: Texas, USC, Wake Forest, Virginia, Kentucky, Harvard, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, and others.
Mental Skills Coaching: Limits his individual practice work to Olympians & top university athletes.
Researcher: He conducts research on coach and leadership effectiveness, leadership development initiatives, mental training effectiveness, and quality of practice. Voight shares the results of his research as a presenter at numerous national and international conferences on leadership, coaching effectiveness, and sport psychology. He serves on two editorial boards and is a reviewer to many journals.
Author: Dr. V have several recent books published:
(1) The Leadership Fix Game Plan for Sport: How to Develop Leaders of Impact on Your Teams (Coaches Choice, June, 2020).
(2) Published a 2nd edition of his Mental Toughness Training for Football (Coaches Choice, 2019).
(3) He has an academic book on sport leadership entitled The Sports Leadership Playbook: Leadership
Development for Sport Teams & Organizations (McFarland Publishing, 2014)
(4) He wrote a line of mental toughness books on football, volleyball, basketball, soccer Mental Toughness Training for _____: Enhancing Mental and Technical Mechanics. Monterey, CA: Coaches Choice Publishers (2007-2010).
(4) He is also a columnist for the United Soccer Coaches Association's SOCCER JOURNAL since 2017. ** Check out my articles on my website.
Coach: Coached soccer for 6 years at the D I level (Jacksonville University & UNC Charlotte); licenses from US Soccer (B) & NSCAA (Advanced National), coached youth for 30 years+. Played mid & sweeper at Springfield, a long, long time ago!
User has not yet posted a blog.
All Blog Posts
User has not participated in any discussions.
All Discussion Posts
User has not saved any favorite resources.
User has no events bookmarked.
All IOC Events
The IOC is a global community of coaches.